Saturday 26 July 2008

Today We'll Talk About...

Well, I was to tell a couple of jokes, but it appears that they will probably cause offence, and so telling them would no doubt have me shot or locked away for several years - even though they may only cause offence to the sort of people who feel beholden to get offended on behalf of others, without consulting them first. And given that I can't think of any jokes that would avoid poking fun at some point in their telling, I won't bother.

I would tell what music we are currently enjoying, but even though we legitimately own the cd's, we are told we can't play them in case another person hears it. And that would mean we are broadcasting (even if they are trespassing burglar...), and so liable to pay a large fee to the PRS. Given that we feel we are already paying enough money to various bodies, institutions & government departments just for the privilege of running a business (several thousand pounds a quarter I might add), we don't therefore have music at work anymore. Given that we would possibly be better off on the dole, and certainly better off shelf stacking down the supermarket - either of which would certainly decrease the governments coffers - I don't think we can be blamed for thinking this way. So no, I won't now promote a few albums and suggest you might like to buy them as well.

I could say what a nice laugh we had down such and such pub the other night, but that would be promoting alcohol as a tool for pleasure. Indeed mention of how many pints we had may even lead to accusations of encouraging binge drinking. So again, I won't discuss it.

Likewise I could discuss some beer festivals....

Then there is the nice day out we had recently at the coast. But that involved driving a car, and despite the fact that we had no car at all for the last 6 months, is no doubt tantamount to promoting the benefits of an eco-disaster. Heck, it's note even as if we could have used public transport. They closed all the railways in Norfolk in the 1960's, otherwise it would have been much easier than driving. So I'll leave this subject alone (bar the bit in the previous post...).

So oh dear. I'm not in the mood to court the wrath of some State Nanny or other today. Which means there is nothing to discuss. Until next time that is...

No comments: